Introduction to Feng Shui
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui dates back more than 4,000 years and translates as “wind and water.” It is the art of living in harmony with our environment.
By studying the principles of Feng Shui we can enhance our health, improve our relationships and attract prosperity both at home and in business.
The theory behind Feng Shui is that life-force energy or Qi flows through all things - such as hills, buildings, rivers, and people. As we spend increasingly more time indoors it becomes important to know how to enrich our houses, apartments, and offices with an abundance of Qi as it exists in nature.
Good Feng Shui involves:
* understanding the existing and potential Qi (energy) patterns
* taking into consideration the cyclical changes in Nature
* keeping the Qi flowing but contained
* eliminating or deflecting harmful energy
* maximising and cultivating nourishing Qi
* making sure the flow of Qi is appropriate to the situation and needs of the humans in the environment
* making changes without destroying the harmony and balance between heaven, earth and mankind
Today, Feng Shui is widely practiced throughout China and South-East Asia and is becoming more popular in USA, Europe and Australia where individuals and companies are recognising its benefits.